Handy Guide to Kitchen Interior Design
Although often neglected, the kitchen is actually a very important area. Unfortunately, homeowners are sometimes compelled to shrink the kitchen area due to space constraints. However, your kitchen doesn’t have to be spacious to look stylish. Here’s how you can improve your kitchen’s design:
Essentials of Kitchen Interior Design
Deciding on a theme for your kitchen is fun, but you first have to make sure that you have the following essentials nailed down:
- Workspace. A good kitchen is one that makes cooking both efficient and enjoyable. When planning your kitchen’s interior design, make sure that you have a good-size countertop to work on and enough space to move around. Since the kitchen is a workspace, make sure that it has proper lighting and ventilation.
- Storage. With the assortment of cooking utensils and equipment, it is important to incorporate storage solutions into your interior design. Make sure that you have a dry place to store electric cooking appliances and enough space to store pots and pans.
- Seating. The kitchen is not just a place for cooking, but also a place for hanging out. As such, your interior design should combine the functionality of a workspace with the ambiance of a public area. Here’s a good rule of thumb: there should be an area where people can sit and enjoy a drink while you cook dinner.
Interior Design Tips: Working with a Small Kitchen
Having a small kitchen doesn’t mean you have to scrimp on style and efficiency. To maximize your kitchen space, employ these interior design hacks:
- Take advantage of vertical space. If you have a limited floor area to work with, then a high-ceiling kitchen is for you. High ceilings will open up your kitchen space, making it look less constricted. This will also allow you to stack cabinets for more storage space and less clutter.
- Keep things compact. While a big sink and a spacious countertop are indispensable in kitchen interior design, try to go the space-saving route for the rest of your furnishings. To save space, pick bar-stools for seating. This way, you can easily slide them under the table when not in use. As for appliances, purchase more compact designs. If you can’t fill a 30-inch deep refrigerator, pick a smaller one.
- Illusion is the key. Interior design is not only about maximizing an area; it’s also about creating the illusion of a larger space. Do your kitchen in one color of varying shades to unify the look and make it seamless. This will make your kitchen appear like one large room rather than a collection of small compartments. Want to make your kitchen look instantly longer? Arrange floor tiles diagonally.
Spacious kitchens may be an interior design craze right now, but that doesn’t mean you can’t turn your small kitchen into something equally stylish and functional. Remember, interior design is not about how big your space is but how you use it.
- A&A Works
- A Brief Background On Interior Design In Singapore
- A&A Works For Landed Houses
- Rebuild For Landed Houses
- Condo Interior Design Singapore: Hire Professional Interior Design Firm
- HDB Flat Interior Design
- HDB Designer Renovation
- Best Interior Design Firm In Singapore
- HDB Home Renovation
- Condo Interior Design in Singapore