Why Should You Hire a Commercial Interior Designer?
Interior design can be classified into two main types: residential and commercial. Residential interior design focuses on creating functional and comfortable living spaces, whereas commercial interior design deals with creating industry and clientele-specific public areas. In addition, commercial design has a significantly broader scope as compared to residential design, with commercial interior designers specializing in a variety of subcategories, ranging from healthcare to corporate interior design.
Whether you are running a manufacturing company or a healthcare facility, having good interior design should be a primary business consideration. Here are some reasons why you should hire a commercial interior designer:
How a Commercial Interior Designer Can Help Your Business
- Increasing productivity. High productivity in workplaces does not only depend on hiring good workers. For the most part, high productivity can also be attributed to efficient workplace layout. A commercial interior designer can help in integrating aesthetics, comfort, and access, in order to facilitate better communication and encourage teamwork. By maximizing the space and improving movement, an interior designer can help minimize the obstacles to productivity.
- Meeting company objectives. Interior design is not limited to creating aesthetically-pleasing spaces; it can also influence behavior. A commercial interior designer can create a strategic layout that reflects the company’s character and business goals. For example, an interior designer can use visual cues to make clients feel more comfortable or to encourage consumers to purchase certain products. Good interior design can also play its role in assisting to improve student’s concentration in educational institutions.
- Integrating safety and sustainability. Building codes and safety standards are primary considerations in designing public spaces, and a commercial interior designer can help your company comply with such. In addition, professional designers can also help in creating energy-efficient and environment-friendly interiors. This can be done through careful selection of materials that are safe for both the occupants and the environment.
Ask Your Interior Designer: What to Incorporate Into Your Design?
With the constant change in interests and tastes of customers and employees alike, it is important to create a unique but flexible company interior. Here are two interior design principles that commercial interior designers swear by:
- Activity-specific approach. When planning a public space, the first question that should be asked is this: how will the space be used? In settings where social interaction and idea exchange are essential, creating an open workplace where people can freely interact with each other is a must. Meanwhile, in settings where privacy is of importance (such as in banks and hospitals), the creation of a comfortable and private space is essential.
- Multipurpose design. Commercial design doesn’t only have to be efficient, it must also be cost-effective. As such, interior designers strive to incorporate multifunctional pieces (like cabinets with slide-out seats and lounge chairs with tablet arms) into the workplace design in order to cut down on expenses without compromising productivity.
Hiring a commercial interior designer for your company can be costly, but it is definitely a good investment. After all, a pleasing and functional interior directly affects customer satisfaction and employee productivity.
- A&A Works
- A Brief Background On Interior Design In Singapore
- A&A Works For Landed Houses
- Rebuild For Landed Houses
- Condo Interior Design Singapore: Hire Professional Interior Design Firm
- HDB Flat Interior Design
- HDB Designer Renovation
- Best Interior Design Firm In Singapore
- HDB Home Renovation
- Condo Interior Design in Singapore