Interior Design Tips for a Commercial Kitchen
Good interior design is the key to creating efficient kitchen areas for residential spaces, and the sameholds true for commercial kitchens.
As such, it is not surprising that commercial kitchen design is gaining more attention recently. But what really is the significance of good design in commercial kitchens?
Importance of Commercial Kitchen Interior Design
As you may already know, interior design aims to strike a balance between aesthetics and function, both of which are indispensable in food and service industries.
In hotel and restaurant businesses, good kitchen design can spell the difference between profits and losses. Kitchen interior design also affects the overall service and performance of the staff which, in turn, have significant impact on customer satisfaction.
Commercial Interior Design: What Makes A Good Commercial Kitchen?
Aside from ensuring that the kitchen area is aesthetically appealing, it is also important to consider other aspects of interior design, particularly those which have direct effects on the effective and efficient rendering of food-related services.
Consider the following when planning the interior design of your commercial kitchen:
- Space. The size of a commercial kitchen greatly depends on two things: 1) the number of customers that can be accommodated at a time and 2) the number of kitchen staff that will be employed. The kitchen should be maximized so as to avoid wastage of floor space, but it must still be large enough so as to facilitate easy movement and proper carrying out of tasks.
- Movement. Since the kitchen tends to be a very busy space in hotels and restaurants, it is necessary that its interior design be specifically tailored to suit the demands of the establishments. Larger restaurants, for example, will require larger kitchens and, therefore, more staff. Smaller diners, on the other hand, may be able to work with a more limited space. Either way, it is necessary that the space allotted for the kitchen be well-arranged to allow the kitchen staff to move freely without bumping into each other, especially during rush hours.
- Sanitation. While cleanliness is also an important factor to consider in residential kitchen interior design, the sanitation standards imposed on commercial kitchens tend to be stricter, especially since they are usually regulated by health authorities. This is where hiring an interior designer comes in handy—a professional can properly apprise you of the appropriate interior design choices to ensure both practicality and compliance with sanitation regulations.
- Energy. Another important aspect of interior design is energy conservation. You can make your kitchen energy-efficient by following this fundamental rule: the cooking block must always be separate from the refrigeration block. This means that the stove must be at a considerable distance from the refrigerator as the difference in temperatures will cause the appliances to consume more energy. The larger the temperature difference between an appliance and its surrounding area, the more energy the said appliance consumes in order to continue working at a certain temperature.
As with other commercial spaces, interior design plays an important role in ensuring efficiency and safety in the kitchen.
With the cutthroat competition in the food industry, good kitchen design becomes more of a necessity.
- A&A Works
- A Brief Background On Interior Design In Singapore
- A&A Works For Landed Houses
- Rebuild For Landed Houses
- Condo Interior Design Singapore: Hire Professional Interior Design Firm
- HDB Flat Interior Design
- HDB Designer Renovation
- Best Interior Design Firm In Singapore
- HDB Home Renovation
- Condo Interior Design in Singapore